High Visibility Essential Workwear
Wearing high visibility clothing is essential for workplace safety.
Working on roads, construction sites or around heavy machinery can be particularly dangerous. High visibility workwear will keep you and your staff safe by ensuring everyone is visible even when the lighting isn’t great. High visibility clothing is usually made of bright fluorescent fabric and usually contains logos and reflective tape. Our eyes react better to bright or contrasting objects. So you need to make sure you have the right clothes to stay safe and visible.
There are many types of hi-vis clothing, ranging from reflective pants for work, hi-vis hoodies, hi-vis vests and hi-vis pants.
Here are some of the best high visibility clothing available today.
Best High Visibility Clothing
Carhartt Mens High Visibility Rain Pants
The best choice: The Carhartt Men’s Hi-Vis Pants are a perfect choice for anyone looking for authentic, truly American reflective pants for the job. These hi-vis pants have fully taped seams and plenty of room for knee pads. It’s also super comfortable and lightweight thanks to its 100% polyester construction and elastic waistband with an adjustable drawcord.
Carhartt Mens High Visibility Jacket
Finalist: Built with comfort, safety and durability in mind, this hi-vis waterproof jacket is ready to perform in the toughest conditions. It is constructed with a 100% polyester material that has a waterproof membrane and a water-repellent finish. The top left chest pocket has a waterproof zipper so you can keep your most important documents or items safe and dry. This jacket is fully equipped with ANSI Class 3 certification and quilted insulation.
L&M high visibility t-shirt
Best value: Wearing reflective vests over your work shirts can be a plan, but for those days when you just want a reflective mesh shirt, the L&M hi-vis t-shirt is the perfect option. It is made of 100% polyester which is super lightweight and durable. It comes with a front pocket for items you need to keep close. This t-shirt is available in lime green and orange.
SafetyShirtz American Grit Pullover Hoodie
Spending around $60 on a hi-vis hoodie might seem like a bit much, but not with the SafetyShirtz American Grit Hoodie. These hoodies are super comfy and look really cool! They sport the American flag and all the safety features you need in a good hoodie, including reflective strips and a lime color that’s easy to spot from afar. These hoodies are warm and durable. SafetyShirtz is happy to add your company logo for orders over 24 pieces.
JKSafety High Visibility Black Safety Vest
JKSafety high visibility vests are among the best visibility vests. This unisex safety vest is available in a variety of sizes and colors. It is made of 100% polyester that is lightweight, durable and machine washable. It has a total of 10 functional pockets, so you have all the space you need to carry your tools with you. The vest is the ideal safety garment for general candidates and meets ANSI/ISEA safety requirements.
Pioneer Hi-Vis Work Pant
The Pioneer Hi-Vis Pants are excellent road safety pants featuring a StarTech silver reflective stripe that provides excellent visibility. They are made of lightweight polyester which is also very durable and the mesh ventilation panels and elastic waistband allow for all day comfort. These unisex pants come in a variety of sizes from small to 4X-large.
Ergodyne GloWear Insulated Overalls
The Ergodyne GloWear is windproof and water resistant. It’s tough and built to last with the heavy-duty zipper, scuff-resistant knee pads, and black panels that hide dirt for long-lasting use. Most importantly, this suit has zippered pockets for added security. These insulated suits are ideal for people working in transportation, baggage handling, road construction or around moving vehicles.
Men’s Caterpillar Hi-Vis Cap
Bonus item: For very sunny days, complete your safety outfit with a high quality Caterpillar high visibility cap, made of a good cotton/polyester blend. It comes with a Velcro closure for the perfect fit and fit. The cap is available in high visibility orange and lime.
What to look for when buying high visibility clothing
To reduce the number of work-related injuries and accidents due to poor visibility, those exposed to these accidents should wear high-visibility clothing ranging from high-visibility pants to high-visibility caps. But before you get high visibility workwear for you and your employees, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Classification: There are three standard classes for hi-vis garments ranging from 1, 2 and 3. There is also “class” E which describes hi-vis trousers worn without other hi-vis garments. Class 1 is suitable for workers whose attention is not distracted from oncoming traffic while Class 2 provides better visibility in bad weather. Class 3 provides maximum visibility for workers undertaking tasks that place them in imminent danger of oncoming traffic and where wearer visibility is important from a minimum distance of 1,280 feet.
- Sustainability: Polyester construction, heavy-duty zippers, and reinforced knees and elbows are some of the features you’ll find in highly durable hi-vis workwear.
- Adapt: Like any workwear, you need high-visibility clothing that allows easy movement because you’ll likely be wearing it all day.
- Pockets: Like all workwear, having extra pockets is usually a plus as it allows you to carry the tools most needed for a job, saving you time. Some of the best hi-vis garments even feature waterproof pockets to keep your most important tools and documents safe.
- Colors: OSHA’s standards for high-visibility clothing state that workers must wear “strong” yellow, orange, or yellow-green work clothing for excellent visibility. At night, you need to make sure your hi-vis workwear uses retro-reflective material that returns color to the source.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
More in: Small Business Essentials